"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Monday, July 7, 2008

Let Freedom Ring


I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln


I am many things. I am a daughter and I am a wife. I am a mother and I am a woman.


But on Friday I was reminded that I AM AN AMERICAN.


I am so grateful to live in this country with so many opportunities and blessings. I love this nation, "one nation under God". And, if you ask me, our 4th of July was a perfect day of celebrating.


Johnny, Lonica and I headed out early to line up for the parade.

I LOVE PARADES!

It was so much fun! Here is Johnny entertaining the crowd and one of the dances that I spent last week teaching to about 80 girls (and a few boys).





After the parade we loaded into the car and headed to Uncle Kent's and Aunt Blythe's for our annual family 4th of July Party.


Where we ate and ate AND ATE!




Played in the pool.




And lit fireworks.
These three put on the most amazing firework show. I am surprised that they didn't singe the hair off their arms. They put their lives on the line for our enjoyment. Thanks guys!

FAMILY, FOOD AND FIREWORKS. It doesn't get any better than that!
This truly is the land I love.
May I never wake up from the American dream. ~Carrie Latet

12 comments:

hoLLy said...

how fun!!!! i love that dance-it is so cute. lonica sure is spunky:)looks like you had a wonderful 4th!

Danielle Christiansen said...

It looks like you had a fantastic 4th of July. it is so great to live in the country we live in.

Grammy Staffy said...

oh my,that brings back sweet memories of when I was there with you last 4th of July. It looks like you had a perfect day. Tell Johnny and Lonica that I think they are fantastic!... you too of course.

We had a great 4th too. The only thing missing from our fun day was you dear out of state kids. How we miss you. Much love, Mom

Tricia said...

I bet it took a long time and a lot of patience to teach that dance! What a great job they did! And Johnny is awesome as always!

We had so much fun Friday (not Saturday, btw, might want to change your blog) ;) Love how extended the family is and how we always have a great time together!

God Bless America!

Tricia said...

Shoot, I forgot to say PS - HAPPY 14TH JALEN!! WE LOVE YOU!

Lynell said...

Thanks Trish, It must have felt like a Saturday. Ü

I made the change. hee hee

bows and more said...

Looks like a fun time! It is so great to live in this country! You are such a cute fit Mom!

Wendi said...

Sounds like a Perfect July Fourth Weekend!!!

Too fun.

Hope your week is just as great!

Marie Rayner said...

Looks like you had a perfectly wonderful 4th! I really admire the patriotism of American's and they way they celebrate their national day! I had to cook a 4th of July barbeque up at the big house for my boss and their guests. It was a lot of fun. I made a flag cake and they all stood around it and sang the star spangled banner before they ate it. It was wonderful! They also sang Dixie, being southerners, but that was ok!

Allie said...

looks like you had a fun/busy day!! What great parties!

Corey and Susie said...

Isn't the 4th of July great? It's one of my favorite holidays!

It was great seeing you and Lonica the other day @ the salon...how's the haircuts?

Cecily R said...

Ah, Lynell, you always have such a great way of putting things into perspective.

Fabulous shots...looks like the weekend was equally as fabulous!