"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Wonder

Sometimes, when I have a minute or two, I wonder if I'm getting it right. I look at my kids and see such greatness. They truly amaze me. Not only are they gifted mentally and physically, they are such hard workers with high ambitions. I guess the right word is driven. They have set goals for themselves and are willing to do what ever it takes to accomplish those goals. As parents, Dathan and I do all that we can to help them out. Wouldn't anyone? Sometimes I wonder???

Do the neighbors think we're crazy as we are always running here and there? Do our friends roll their eyes because our kids have to schedule their playtime? Is it okay that we get up at 6:30 a.m. to eat breakfast as a family because no one is home in the evening? Do we need to simplify our lives? Should our kids be more "normal"?

I do know one thing. Johnny will never make his goal of the Olympics sitting at home playing X BOX. Lonica will never get into the best dance conservatories watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody. If Justin is to earn a scholarship , Jalen wants to be an famous artist or Jordan is to become successful, mediocrity is not an option. Excellence is a process that must be continually improved.

"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness." Seneca

We have made the decision to go for it. We are shooting for the stars. Somebody is going to make it. Why not us? We are committed and will give it our all.

But still when I lay in bed at night I wonder!

6 comments:

Erin said...

If anyone can make it to the top, it's the Jacobsons! Your kids love what they do, and they happen to be so good at it... whatever it is! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you have a gorgeous family! Thanks for your comment. I have been hearing stories about your family for as long as I've known Adam. He wanted sisters simply because of how you guys took care of Dave! Are you the photographer in the family?

bows and more said...

Ok so you made my day by letting me peek inside you life and see that there is light at the end of my tunnel! Have you ever wondered how many people out there we have so much in common with that we dont know or have never had the chance to meet? You and I have a lot in common 4 boys 1 girl! in that order and even blond! I have Brexan 10, Dylan 8, Stetler 6, Bridger 4, and my little girl I wished on every star for Ava almost 1. I also took dance for 18 years and would love to teach some day, that was my dream. Your daughter is an amazing dancer and at only 8, I bet she is your dream come true too! You have a beautiful family! I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favorites! Thanks again! Hope to hear back from you!Love,Kelsi

Grammy Staffy said...

No parents could be more supportive of their children than you and Dathan. Whether or not they make it big they will always remember the time, money and energy you have spent taking them to lessons, rehearsals, games and competitions. They have worked hard but could not have accomplished all that they have or will without the sacrifices you and Dathan have made. I love you. Mom

Unknown said...

I think that this is a choice that each family makes together. If everyone is happy and it works for them, then you are doing what is best for your family! Everone is different..isn't that just wonderful?

Melisa said...

I have to say I admire your dedication. You love your kids and you seem to be supportive of what they do even if it takes you in a million different directions. I love that you all try to support each other too by attending big events as a family, I think that kind of family togetherness will payoff in the long run. Thank you for bring a good example to my family.