"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Friday, March 28, 2008

One of Those Days




Ever have one of those days? Whew!! It can make you CRAZY!

I woke up yesterday and my kids couldn't get their acts together. "Get up!, Move it!, Finish your breakfast!, Brush your teeth!, You have 5 minutes and don't you dare leave your room looking like that!" I couldn't figure out what was wrong with them all.

I left for work and EVERYONE was was driving way too slow. "Come on people, I'm on a schedule here." Then there were the red lights and the train and the detour. Are you kidding me? What is going on?

At work (pre-school ballet) all of the girls were still on an Easter sugar high. "Ladies...ladies, on your spots. Quit pulling hair. We are not puppies, we are dancers!" It was all I could do to keep my voice soft and a smile on my face. Why can't parents teach their kids any manners?

Then at the grocery store an elderly lady stole my parking spot. The deli worker was on the phone. And the bagger didn't even offer to take out my groceries. How rude!

And finally last night, when I walked in the door after picking Johnny up from Gym at 9:00, Justin and Jalen had the nerve to ask if there was anything to eat. They are teenagers for goodness sake. They know where the pantry is. What do they think I am?

The saddest part of it all is knowing, that for some reason, this time next month everyone will start acting up again. What's up with that???

13 comments:

Grammy Staffy said...

Beats me????? I vaguely remember the same thing happening at our house several years ago. I don't know what the problem is but it does seem to go away. Actually, it got way worse for a year or so but then it went away. Humm...there must be a bug going around that everyone but you is catching. Love you....can't wait to see you tonight. mom

bows and more said...

Mama said there would be days like this! Life is crazy how sometimes you just can't seem to get your groove on, or get it together! I hope tomorrow is better! I missed you too! I have never had a friend I have not seen in person! It is kinda fun! Take care, Kelsi

Tricia said...

Oh. My. Gosh. YOU TOO??? Funny, though, for the past 4 months it's been every day for me. "I see stupid people!" LOL!

Marla said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I am flippin' Mary Poppins over here...

:)!

The Snow Queen said...

Hilarious! I don't think I have ever seen you without a smile on your face. When we were in junior high and you were in high school I wanted to be you. Then I grew up and realized that my hair would never look like yours.

Hey it could be worse... I know a 9 month way to not have those Mary flippin' Poppins Days.

Melissa (Erin's friend)

allredclan said...

Hm...My kids seem to be on that same "monthly act up" schedule. The nerve of them. Love you! =)

Susan said...

Oh honey, you must be too young to be experiencing the all-the-time trauma. Appreciate the only once a month while you have it! I'm jealous!

Heather said...

I seem to have those days more than once a month. But then I pretend everything is just perfect!...HA HA HA!

Shannon said...

Hmmm, your day shouldn't have been complete without some crying for no reason and a piece of chocolate something. Maybe next month.

KATE said...

No way, I NEVER have days like that! ha ha I hope you could note the sarcasim! hee hee

~Hey, we were at the Bountiful Dance Competition! I saw Lonicas name on the program but we danced at different times. So, I didn't get to be your stalker & hunt you down. Maybe at the next one!

Katie Voorhees said...

I love checking in on your blog. You make me laugh and realize I am not the only one that has those kinds of days. Mine just seem to be more regular lately...

Ice Cream said...

Ha ha ha. This is so perfect. I often wonder why every one is so determined to ruin my life when it is "that time of the month".

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love finding new blogs to read.

Amandawhatever said...

I had one of those days ones it is amanda see ya love amanda mingl